Health officials close pho restaurant in West Valley City

Health • Sewer and sink problems among 55 violations

By Kathy Stephenson The Salt Lake Tribune

Published October 17th 2014 3:47 pm



The Salt Lake County Health Department closed the Pho Que Huong restaurant in West Valley City on Thursday for creating an imminent health hazard for customers.

According to a notice on the department website, inspectors discovered 55 health violations at the Vietnamese eatery, 4795 W. 3500 South, including "the sewer backing up into the floor sinks."

Other violations include the inability of employees to properly wash and dry hands due to sink problems; a dishwasher that was not sanitizing properly; and the facility generally not being "maintained, clean and in good repair," the notice said.

Inspectors also found:

• Mouse droppings in the facility.

• Fish from an unapproved source.

• Raw meat stored over ready to eat food in the walk-in.

• Tofu, frozen vegetables and bean sprouts left at room temperature.

• Medicines belonging to employees not stored to prevent the contamination of food, equipment and utensils.

• Food stored on the floor in the walk-in.

• Uncovered food in the walk-in.

• Garbage not removed from the premises to minimize harborage conditions and odors.

• No outside receptacles for garbage pick-up.

• A lawn mower and other non-functional equipment stored on the premise.

The restaurant can reopen once all the problems have been fixed and health inspectors deem it safe for customers.

kathys@sltrib.com

Array ( [1] =>

The Salt Lake County Health Department closed the Pho Que Huong restaurant in West Valley City on Thursday for creating an imminent health hazard for customers.

According to a notice on the department website, inspectors discovered 55 health violations at the Vietnamese eatery, 4795 W. 3500 South, including "the sewer backing up into the floor sinks."

Other violations include the inability of employees to properly wash and dry hands due to sink problems; a dishwasher that was not sanitizing properly; and the facility generally not being "maintained, clean and in good repair," the notice said.

Inspectors also found:

• Mouse droppings in the facility.

• Fish from an unapproved source.

• Raw meat stored over ready to eat food in the walk-in.

• Tofu, frozen vegetables and bean sprouts left at room temperature.

• Medicines belonging to employees not stored to prevent the contamination of food, equipment and utensils.

• Food stored on the floor in the walk-in.

• Uncovered food in the walk-in.

• Garbage not removed from the premises to minimize harborage conditions and odors.

• No outside receptacles for garbage pick-up.

• A lawn mower and other non-functional equipment stored on the premise.

The restaurant can reopen once all the problems have been fixed and health inspectors deem it safe for customers.

kathys@sltrib.com

)